Friday 6 February 2015

Cameron and Osborne

Yesterday was truly surreal, we knew that we were going to get a visit from an important person, this was obvious by the number of dark suited individuals without necks but sporting a single, far from discreet earpiece. We speculated that it was a member of the cabinet.
They blocked off the road to the factory once the cars were in the drive.
Someone with better eyesight than me said "It's Osborne!"
"Huh!" I replied, "we are honoured, I'm gonna tell him that that stone wall out there is the Scottish border and I bet he takes it in. He won't have a clue that it's well over a hundred miles north of here."
"Oh! bloody hell!" said the observant one "and Cameron."
In a strange sort of way we all felt honoured. This must have been the first time that these two characters had been to somewhere that actually made something useful!
There was a great deal of handshaking going on in reception. "Toffs! I thought. I must get back to the manual writing I was on with."
I became aware of movement over my right shoulder. I turned round and was looking into David Cameron's face. He held out his hand and I shook it. We exchanged a few words about the job I was working on. A colleague got out of his chair and marched swiftly to the loo! After a few moments the group moved on, followed by dark suited neck-less ones and assorted paparazzi.
After a long, long time in the loo my colleague re-appeared.
"Freaked out!" he said, "I would have frozen if one of them had spoken to me, then I would have panicked that I had frozen, and probably barfed. Best that I was in the bog!!!"............LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment