Tuesday 11 February 2014

Microsoft, bloody Microsoft

I visited Microsoft website today, and took the survey having utterly failed in my quest. I was always bound to fail because the software that I love to use and runs well and problem free is being chopped up for firewood - Windows XP is being phased out.
Listen to the Luddite I hear you say!
I do not like it when people force me to change things for no other reason than they want to make money out of me.
So I may have lost it slightly when I took the survey and I was asked if I thought there was anything that would improve the website, having pratted around in circles for half an hour..........

A simple list of available downloads, software and repairs, instead of trying to sell an upgrade that will most likely cause problems on my aging computer. Windows is supposed to be a tool to make the experience of using a computer better, instead I am being forced into an upgrade that I do not want, is not essential and will cost me time to set up. As a one man business trying to rush some work out this is nothing short of disastrous - Thanks a bunch Microsoft

To add insult to injury I was asked what level I went to with my education and the only thing that I could choose was 'some college work'
With several [7] successful patents in which I was named as 'inventor' and a couple of decades behind me running teams of design engineers, experience has been my highest qualification, not some frigging button on a survey!

No comments:

Post a Comment